- Are you ready for some football? Please come out and support the Saints on Friday night as we host East Feliciana. Our 2018 State Championship Boys Track Team will receive their championship rings at half-time. If you cannot attend, please tune-in to 88.3 FM or check us out on LiveStream by clicking here.
- Ms. Laura Glaser's students worked hard weeding their garden beds. The weeds really grew over the summer, making it a difficult task, but the students persevered!
Brian Baccigalopi's and Marques Patterson
Bonnie Nettles and JaMya Vessel
Kendarius Cain (in the back), Keilyn Washington and Keiffen Cummings
Keyon Davis, Keilyn Washington and Coach Gaston Gabriel (with the shovel)
WFHS Meet the Saints was spectacular!
- WFMS Library helpers Macy Walker and Taja Lofton prepare books for circulation.
- In Ms. Taylor Garrett's 8th grade science class, students make predictions based on "bones" they found on a "fossil dig".
Loyalty Mitchell & Dashna Arbuthnot
Hannah Johnson, Emaline Kile,
& Le'Treveon Washington
- In Ms. Alisha Bennett's class, you can write on your desk! Students work math problems on their computer while using the table to write out their answers. A SHOUT OUT! goes to Ms. Bennett for writing a grant to the West Feliciana Education Foundation to fund such an innovative way to help her students.
- In Ms. Kriston Patton's Keyboarding class for high school credit, students stay engaged through the use of a Que. What is a Que? A Que is dodge ball that has a microphone inside that students pass around as it gives them the voice to ask questions, answer questions, lead, and discuss within the classroom.
- Ms. April Davis has done a tremendous job of helping to expand Leader in Me to WFMS. It was neat to walk into her class and instantly be greeted by Gracie Walters.
- Bains and Bains Lower students are readers leaders! They start reading before the bell rings each morning!
Zamaria Lofton and Madison Snowden
Zyra Reed and La'Dayshia Sullivan
Ainslee Weeden and Madison Reed
- Bains 5th grader Rylie Berry arrives at school early to take on a leadership role in the library. Rylie checks out and collects books as a part of Bains' Leadership Program. Students learn by doing, and leadership is defined by action.
- Rylie Berry, TeShawn Monroe, Timothy Lindsey, and Alexander King enjoy reading in the new cafe style chairs in the library.
Charles Smith and Jack Sam Leak
- Bains Lower students Matilyn Dedon, Emma-Kate Bennett, Noelie Broussard, and Andrew Joseph Klein did an amazing job of leading the Monday Morning Announcements at Bains Lower!
- A SHOUT OUT! goes to Pat's Hardware for donating $6,000 toward school uniforms for students and families in need! What an awesome gift to our students!
Mr. Ricky Chapman (Alternative School Director), Mr. Jonathan Beckham (General Manager), Ms. Erin Vincent (Owner of Pats), Superintendent Milton, Mr. Johnny Giammanchere (Store Manager), and Ms. Rose Coats (Bains School Secretary)
- Junior Achievement received $2,000 from the West Feliciana Education Foundation to support JA programs at Bains Elementary.
Conville Lemoine, Michelle Carbo, Bill Parkerson, Jodi Lemoine, Jaime Pangburn, Larry Celestine, Amy Betts, Janice Crutchfield, and Caroline Alberstadt.
- Cadet Ethan Lyon and Cadet James Patrick (JP) Horn of the NJROTC Company recently enlisted into the United States Marine Corps. They are both scheduled to graduate from WFHS on Friday, May 10, 2019. Then they will report to the Marine Corps Recruit Depot in Parris Island, South Carolina on May 27, 2019 (Memorial Day) for the 12-week boot camp. They are both extremely active in the Company and both serve on the Athletics Team.
- Mrs. Layla Dupuy's DE Psychology class has a study session with their SELU professor through Skype.
- WFHS Teacher Ms. Kim Key instructs her 2nd hour Geometry class on finding midpoints.
- Ms. Amy Adair instructs her 2nd hour Advanced Math class on polynomials.
- Ms. Alana Lyons instructs her 2nd hour Biology class on Bacterial Growth.